Australian Tourist/ Visit Visa

The Australian Government requires that you have an Australian visa to enter Australia, unless you are an Australian passport holder or qualifying New Zealand passport holder. For example, if you are travelling to Australia on holiday you will need a tourist visa.

The Electronic Travel Authority (or ETA) is the name given to the most commonly used Australian Tourist Visa allows you to stay in Australia for up to 3 months on each arrival within 12 months from the date the visa was granted. 

The ETA differs from traditional visas in that there are no application forms to fill in and no visa label or stamp in the passport. The ETA is available to passport holders from Australian Government specified countries and regions. 

To apply for an ETA (Visitor), you must be outside Australia and hold a passport issued by an ETA-eligible country or region (see below for the full list).

You must apply for your ETA with the passport and passport number you will be travelling to Australia with; the visa is linked to this number. If your passport is lost/stolen or replaced before you travel to Australia, you will be required to re-apply for an ETA visa. 

The following passport holders can be issued an ETA Visa online:

  1. Andorra
  2. Austria
  3. Belgium
  4. Brunei
  5. Canada 
  6. Denmark
  7. Finland
  8. France
  9. Germany
  10. Greece 
  11. Hong Kong (SAR)
  12. Iceland
  13. Ireland
  14. Italy
  15. Japan 
  16. Liechtenstein
  17. Luxembourg
  18. Malaysia
  19. Malta
  20. Monaco
  21. The Netherlands
  22. Norway
  23. Portugal
  24. Republic of San Marino
  25. Singapore 
  26. South Korea
  27. Spain
  28. Sweden
  29. Switzerland
  30. Taiwan*
  31. United Kingdom (British Citizen)
  32. United Kingdom (Overseas)**
  33. United States of America
  34. Vatican City

The Paper-Based 600 Visitor Visa is designed for people who wish to take a trip to Australia and are NOT on the ETA Eligible Country list mentioned above.

  • The 600 Visitor Visa allows you to stay in Australia for a stay of up to 12 months, or a shorter period, depending on the purpose of the visit and your personal circumstances; and as a single or multiple entries to Australia.
  • The Paper-Based 600 Visitor Visa differs from the ETA and the e600 in that it can not be applied for online, as it is a paper-based application. However, you can begin the process using the online 600 visitor visa application form.

We at 10-PRO strongly advise that you not make travel arrangements until you receive confirmation that your visa is approved.

    Get Immigration Assessment

    Find out your options for visa by filling the below form.